COVID-19 First Aid Training Course
- Title: COVID-19 First Aid Training Course
- Duration: 2h 30 min
Are you aware the “COVID-19 Return to Work Safely Protocol” states that First Aid Responders in the workplace should be provided with updated training on Infection Prevention and Control Principles including a performance of hand hygiene and appropriate use of personal protective equipment when delivering first aid?
SHEQ Centre of Excellence will help you to demonstrate compliance and to follow best practices. In light of the ongoing pandemic the training course COVID-19 First Aid will equip first aiders with the up to date information and procedures on COVID-19 for first aiders. The programme is designed for all sectors and for all current qualified First Aid Responders before going back into the workplace.
The course content includes information about:
- Infection control standard precautions
- Demonstrate hand hygiene techniques
- Select appropriate personal protective equipment PPE
- Demonstrate respiratory hygiene, cough and sneezing etiquette
- Provision of CPR for a patient in cardiac arrest
- Health Protection Surveillance Centre’s screening case definition for COVID-19
- Outline the care/management of a patient with suspected/confirmed COVID-19
Dates available in August & September
- August – Friday 07th, 14th, 21st & 28th – 1:30 pm until 4:00 pm
- September – Friday 04th, 11th, 18th & 25th – 1:30 pm until 4:00 pm