Office Fire Safety Awareness Training Course
- Title: Office Fire Awareness Training
- Duration: 1/2 day
- Course Size: 10-20 learners
- Instructor: Colm Cronin
- Fire prevention
- A Legislation module
- Identification of possible fire hazards in the workplace
- Fire and smoke behaviour theory.
- Human behaviour and fire-fighting.
- Site specific Fire evacuation procedures
On successful completion Participants should be able to:
- Identify if your premises are equipped with appropriate fire prevention and firefighting equipment.
- Check to make fire equipment has been inspected and maintained as frequently as necessary.
- Be aware of measures to reduce the risk of fire occurring.
- Be aware of actions to take in the event of an emergency.
- Identify possible fire hazards in the workplace.
- Assist in the fire risk assessment process.
- Understand how fires can occur and how fire and smoke can spread.
- Identify the correct type of fire equipment for the class of fire.
Submit your review
- 2012 Bachelor of Science (Nautical Science) NATIONAL MARITIME COLLEGE OF IRELAND www.NMCI.ie
- 1999 Bachelor of Arts (Geography & History) NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF IRELAND GALWAY www.NUIGalway.ie
- 2011 Shipboard safety officer NATIONAL MARITIME COLLEGE OF IRELAND www.NMCI.ie
- 2012 Ship Security Officer NATIONAL MARITIME COLLEGE OF IRELAND www.NMCI.ie
- 2011 Advanced Fire Fighting NATIONAL MARITIME COLLEGE OF IRELAND www.NMCI.ie
Experience An integral part of Colm’s extensive experience at sea, was part of the fire-fighting team. At sea, there is no call to 999 available, so fire prevention and tackling fires are the responsibility of the crew on board. There is a great focus on this during weekly fire drills on board ship, and during his years of service on merchant and navy ships, Colm has quite a bit of experience to share during his courses.