Fire Warden Training Course
- Title: Fire Warden Training Course
- Duration: 1/2 day
- Course Size: 10-20 learners
- Instructor: Niall O’Connell
- Fire prevention
- Practical exercises
- A Legislation module
- Identification of possible fire hazards in the workplace
- Fire and smoke behaviour theory.
- Human behaviour and firefighting – theory and practical
- Role and responsibilities of fire wardens
- Site specific Fire evacuation procedures
On successful completion Participants should be able to:
- Identify if your premises are equipped with appropriate fire prevention and firefighting equipment.
- Check to make fire equipment has been inspected and maintained as frequently as necessary.
- Advise staff on measures to reduce the risk of fire occurring.
- Advise staff on action to take in the event of an emergency.
- Identify possible fire hazards in the workplace.
- Assist in the fire risk assessment process.
- Understand how fires can occur and how fire and smoke can spread.
- Identify the correct type of fire equipment for the class of fire.
Submit your review
- Post Grad Diploma Environmental Protection, Sligo Institute of Technology (In Progress)
- Msc in Occupational Health, University College Cork (2007)
- Bsc (Honours) in Occupational Safety, Health and Environment, University of Greenwich (2005)
- Diploma in Process and Chemical Engineering, University College Cork (2003)
- Diploma in Industrial Engineering, Cork Institute of Technology (1993)
- Qualifications in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, Cork Institute of Technology (1981/82)
Experience Niall has worked in Food and Beverage, BulkPharmaceutical, Food Processing, Electrical and Electronic industry.Niall is an experienced Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Professional with 35 years experience in manufacturing of which the last 11 years were with Pepsi Cola as EHS and Manufacturing support Team Leader. His main strengths are in People Management, Health and Safety, Environment, Maintenance and Industrial Engineering. Niall is a Compressed Gases Safety expert. Niall has strong attention to detail, problem solving skills. He is loyal, honest, committed and highly respected. His skill set not industry specific as supervisory management, health & safety and environmental can be applied across a wide industrial spectrum from production to facilities to engineering. Niall is a proven manager /team leader and team member, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.